Saturday, December 5, 2009

What are some good perennial plants and flowers that will bloom for about a month during the summer?

I am planning on having a really big flower garden next year. I would like to plant some perennials, but I would want them to last for about a month, more would be better. I have already bought some gladiolis and some other different kinds of mixed bulbs, and these will bloom for about 1-3 monthes. What are some more? Any lillies or anything like that? I don't care which type of perennial, but as long as it is nice.


Ps. I have a packet of snapdragon seeds and a packet of larkspur seeds that i didn't get to plant this year, will they still be good for next year, so i can plant them then? Thanks in advance.What are some good perennial plants and flowers that will bloom for about a month during the summer?
blackeyed susans


cone flowers


primroses


yarrow


wild geranium


shasta daisies


russian sage


coreopsis


I have had these in my gardens for a couple of years now and they bloom or continue to bloom all summer long. as for your seeds...sorry I can't help with that one, I don't buy flower seeds cuz they never grow for me and I am not that patient...lolWhat are some good perennial plants and flowers that will bloom for about a month during the summer?
Stella D'ora daylillie's are the best. Yellow and bloom for months.
Foxglove, dianthus, sweet william, colombine. All with come back each year larger and spread. Sweet william and colombine you can cultivate the seed from and replant. All flower a long time if kept watered.
Your seeds should be good next year.


Holly Hocks are beautiful and bloom for several weeks. Day lillies are perennials that last well into the season. If you have space, plant a lilac bush. It doesn't require a lot of water or fertilizer, but does need full sun. Cannas are perennials; they need space and sun as well. Just a few. Hope this helps; good planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin