Saturday, December 5, 2009

How long does it take for morning glory plants to bloom flowers?

does the vine have to be a certain length? i started planting MGs a few weeks ago and they are growing great and the vines are starting to wrap around and i just wanted to know how long or an estimate of when to expect the flowers?How long does it take for morning glory plants to bloom flowers?
I love morning glories and I think you should start having blooms fairly soon now. The vines don't have to be long. Did you add any fertilizer that is made for ';blooming flowers?'; Remember, unless you have ';Moon'; Morning Glories, they will only bloom in the morning when the sun isn't so hot. You can pull the flower out and suck on the end and you'll taste the sweet nectar.


Some years they seem to grow great, other years not so much. I'm not sure why. It might be because of the lack of bees when they don't grow, I don't know. I saved the seeds that will appear as brown pods in the Fall. Open the pod and the seed is inside. Save them in a cool place as they have to experience 'cold' in order to grow the next year. They seemed to grow OK the first year I saved the seeds, but not the next year. Have fun, they are such a pretty flower and a pleasant reward for getting up a little earlier before you go to work just to look at them!How long does it take for morning glory plants to bloom flowers?
I seeded mine in March into seed flats, when they were large enough, I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots. They are between 12-24'; in height now and I started getting flowers about 2 weeks ago. I'm in N. California. So, it took about 8 weeks from seed to flower.
They take about 120 days from seed to bloom
Any time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin