Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can a foxglove plant bloom a second time in one year?

I bought a couple of foxglove plants when they had already bloomed out...I was wondering if they will bloom again. I know the medicinal aspects of plants, when it comes to growing them I have a green thumb, but don't know much about their span of growth. I just don't know if they will bloom again this year.Can a foxglove plant bloom a second time in one year?
Take good care of it and let the bloom grow out completely (maybe a foot or so). The phosphorous was my mistake my first time. I've got one that is three years old (the longest I've had one) and last year it bloomed with two stalks at the same time.Can a foxglove plant bloom a second time in one year?
Yes it will. And did you know it helps with you heart to. thought you might want to know


Dawn
Digitalis will bloom again, but it has to have some help from you. If you will snip off the spent bloom stalks and feed with a fertilizer high in phosphorus, the middle of the three numbers, to boost blooming, you should have a good chance of success. It is such a beautiful plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin