Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How do I get my potted roses to bloom again?

I have mini roses in a pot that have not had blossoms since the summer. I thought they may be root bound so I re-potted them into something bigger. The leaves looked healthier for a little while but now it's looking sick again and still no blossoms. Any ideas?How do I get my potted roses to bloom again?
Do you have this rose in the house? Most roses need full sun. You can grow indoors but could get challenging. First give it a bloom booster fert. like 15-30-15 or 20-20-20 i use these 2 only for everything.( not my houseplants- all the flowers in my garden) I an amazed how many times my rose bush bloomed last yr. Im gonna back it off a bit this yr - because man i was out there pruning every other week. It was so worth it though they were always in bloom.


Also after you do get blooms again prun ONLY under the first set of 5 leaves. This will help make new growth and in turn more blooms. I hope i was helpful - good luck to u.How do I get my potted roses to bloom again?
Ok you do have it in doors. Thats cool - keep in a sunny spot maybe 4 hr a day. I would put it outside when your wheather is warm enough. Then just make sure to bring it in b4 forst. Ty for the best answer sorry i didnt add this in my answer. Report Abuse

Try giving it a time release fertilizer so you wont burn roots a teaspoon should do per small pot. Next mix up a lil liquid food and some super thrive. Water a few times with this mixture over next few weeks and you should have more vigor in the plant.
Roses only bloom in the summer!!!!!!!!!!
have you tried a fertilizer for roses..also mini roses need full sunshine to keep blooming .it should be kept in near a window with a southern exposure,if thats not possible then west. good luck...
  • curly hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin