Friday, December 11, 2009

How long does an orchid bloom last?

I want to buy a orchid for my dorm room but I dont know how long the bloom lasts. It would be planted in a pot of course and watered. Someone told me they last for months. Is this correct?How long does an orchid bloom last?
they do last mounths they need to be in a see though pot which can then be put into a larger decrative pot


they do not need a lot of water


when all the blooms have gone DO NOT THROW AWAY cut the stalk back look after it as they can bloom for the next ten years





if you just put orchids into google the first site gives you a lot of infoHow long does an orchid bloom last?
You have four good answers already. If you buy your orchid plant from a reliable florist, how's about asking THEM about the life and bloom production expectancy of the plant you purchase?
I agree with ';Sunshine'; it also depends on how well you care for the plant too. I have one of these orchids on my kitchen window sill and it's been in flower for nearly 4 months
Depends on the type--those from the Phalaenopsis family last from 1-4 months.
yes it does . a cut flower also lasts for about 25 days
yep
I bought my Mum an orchid plant and yes it does flower for months.!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin