Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How can I get my indoor plants to bloom?

I have two clivias, an orchid, a begonia, and a peace lilly. What should I do?How can I get my indoor plants to bloom?
Clivia won't bloom until they have 12 sets of mature leaves, need a cool, dormant period of 8-12 weeks to force blooming.





Orchids bloom once per season.





Begonia blooms year round, prefers shade.





Peace lilly - I've killed every one I've had, finicky about being over watered.How can I get my indoor plants to bloom?
It depends what type it is... you would have to research about it. Water it and give it some fertile evey week, but maybe water it like, twice a week. Out it in the sun, but see where and when the sun comes on that part of whatever it is.
I believe they have to go dormant first for a while and when you revive them they will bloom. I'm not sure about the begonia. I do know that if they don't get enough direct sunlight the won't bloom. Maybe a grow lamp might help it.
Remember to get a grow light too!


Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin