Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What are some flowers that bloom all year long or last a long time?

I want to make flower gardens in my yard, but I want flowers that bloom often or last a long time. I don't like flowers that last 2 days and then they are gone.





Thanks for answering this.What are some flowers that bloom all year long or last a long time?
Look up perrenials, they bloom for a longer period of time and return. I have elephant ears in my garden along with a variety of other perennial plants. This is the second year for my elephant ears which were a gift from my neighbors when I moved into my home. How cool was that!?!?!?!!


Also, there's a ton of information on the web about perennials.


I suggest spending a little time with Better Homes web site.


Enjoy your garden!


.What are some flowers that bloom all year long or last a long time?
It's hard to beat roses for long-lasting flowers; different varieties bloom at different times of year. They're not tough to grow, especially if you select ';antique'; varieties that haven't been hybridized to death!
Try planting roses, geraniums, marigolds, impatiens, petunias.
It depends on where you live. I live in Florida and there are lots of plants that bloom all year, but if you live in Montana they aren't going to do well there. Go to your local Home Depot or Lowe's or nursery and ask them about native species that will do well in your climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin