Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How do I get my orchids to bloom?

What do I do to correct the problem with wringled leaves. I water regularly.How do I get my orchids to bloom?
I grow cymbidium and epidendrum orchids. They like their roots to be tightly bound but you have to replace the orchid mix when you start to notice that there hardly seems to be any, just all root. I also swear by a product called more bloom which is a fertilizer you can get at the garden center and home improvement stores. I get longer lasting blooms, cones that are 14-18 inches long with a plethora of them. But, right now most of my orchids are coming out of bloom season.How do I get my orchids to bloom?
Put them in a sunny window and cut back on the watering a bit.





This worked for me when we had the same problem. When in doubt, check a good resource book for ideas. Or call your local county extension for advice.





And make sure you're using a good quality orchid mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin