Saturday, December 5, 2009

What attractive and showy plants will grow fast and bloom in the first year of planting?

I live in Madison, Wisconsin, so ';Zone 4';.





I'm hoping to sell my house this year, and while I'm making decisions to improve curb appeal and the general appearance of the landscaping of the lot, I'm especially curious in plants that will show well in their first year. I'll make full use of the plants I already have, and have thoroughly researched what to put in the shaded area of my yard, but I'm not sure what to put in the sunny to part-sun areas.





Suggestions? Thanks!What attractive and showy plants will grow fast and bloom in the first year of planting?
Encore Azaleas, any nandina variety, Burning bushes are also great color!What attractive and showy plants will grow fast and bloom in the first year of planting?
Dianthus are beautiful, bloom all the growing season and make more flowers if you pick the dead ones. They are hardy, can stand drought and heat and stay evergreen in winter and they last about three years. There are many varieties...also commonly called pinks
ornamental grasses,cat mint,roses,black eyed susans,
Morningwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin