Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why wont my iris bloom in potted plants in interior ak? I am ready to plant the bulbs, I need help?

winters are way to cold to keep them in the ground.Why wont my iris bloom in potted plants in interior ak? I am ready to plant the bulbs, I need help?
Irises will not bloom in pots. Their rhizome root structure requires that they spread out across alot of surface. Irises are winter hardy and can withstand temperatures of below zero so they are best left in the ground. When you replant the iris, the rhizomes like to be very close to the surface of the ground so do not plant more than 2 inches deep.Why wont my iris bloom in potted plants in interior ak? I am ready to plant the bulbs, I need help?
Irises won't bloom in the house. Not enough sun. I live in NW Ohio and my irises stay in the ground all year. Also, they are NOT bulbs, they're corms. Don't bury them in the ground. They'll die. Scrape away the dirt and place them on the ground. Put about 1/2'; dirt on top and forget about them.
Irisis want full sun to bloom. Put them in the ground, dig them up in winter.
Iris's are made to be outside maybe it is to cold in your area, but if they're inside they're not getting the proper sunlight and natural needs it should have, you could also bring them in in the winter and take them out one\ce the ground reaches above 50-60 degrees. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin