Thursday, June 24, 2010

Which flowers are easy to plant and grow and bloom quickly?

We're doing something for class and I wanted to do sunflowers, but supposedly they take 80-90 days to grow. =/


Any suggestions?


Oh yeah, we live in Alabama.Which flowers are easy to plant and grow and bloom quickly?
Well sunflowers as a crop may take that long from planting to harvest but I've grown sunflowers as ornamentals in my MN yard and had flowers by the end of July after planting seed at the end of May. I don't know how fast you need them to be, they all need a fair amount of time to grow, bud and bloom but here are some that I've had millions of flowers from, planting outdoors from seed in a much harsher climate than yours.





Nasturtium


Bachelors Buttons (cornflower)


Cosmos (all types)


Zinnia


Marigold


Nigella (Love in a Mist)


Candytuft


Sweet Alyssum


and, yes,


Sunflower





They're all pretty too! Of course I think all flowers are pretty but lots of people agree on these! Here's a link where you can search their names and see pictures.





http://www.virtualplanttags.com/suite/?c鈥?/a>





Good luck, have fun and I hope this was helpful!





P.S. I'm a Beth L. too. I just noticed your name. Cool, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin