Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do I store an orchid so it will re-bloom next season?

I'm not sure of the kind. It's the kind commonly sold in grocery stores.How do I store an orchid so it will re-bloom next season?
I've heard that the best way is to cut the roots and renew the substrate every few years.





They're not like tulips that you need to refrigerate or anything.





We have one that flowers all the time. It just needs to be fertilised every 6 months or so.How do I store an orchid so it will re-bloom next season?
you don't store it like you may bulbs - if that is what you are thinking. if you have had it a while and it is doing well, just continue to do the same things - water, fertilize, and watch the new blooms come as the days get longer.
You will need a good orchid bark mix and some orchid food. Find a window East is best. Water the plant once or twice a week depending on the humidity. Feed according to the food directions..I give mine a week feeding with each watering. Do not plant them is regular potting mix. Only cut the roots that are black or dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin