Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I remove the blue grey bloom on glasses washed in a dishwasher?

I have tried various makes of washer tablet but none seem to work.How can I remove the blue grey bloom on glasses washed in a dishwasher?
iI use the tablets but also have rinse aid in my machine, regulated down low, as tablets have (apparently :-)rinse aid anyway. I find ';Glist'; better than ';Finish';.How can I remove the blue grey bloom on glasses washed in a dishwasher?
By immidately rinsing individually and drying them imidiately by had with a towel/tissue. I just use the big kitchen tissue roll, if you dry them immidiately by hand they remain spotless and fogless.
Your dishwasher may not be getting hot enough (130 to 140 degrees) to dissolve the detergent. This causes an effect like sandblating on glassware. Even some liquid detergents need this temp to work properly.
First check the washer. Clean the filter. Top up the salt in the softener. Make sure rinse aid is topped up. Use a decent tablet,and the only one I find keeps my glassware clear is Finish. The powerball sort. It might take a couple of washes to get the sparkle back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin