Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do I get my roses to bloom?

We moved a rose bush from our old house to our new house about eight years ago, and no roses have bloomed since. We relocated it in our yard recently, and hoped it would help. For a while it looked like it was going to die, but we think it's making a recovery now. Is there anything I can do to get the roses to bloom this year?How do I get my roses to bloom?
I have relocated several roses over the years... The most important factor is the sun.


They need at least 6 hours of sun 8 is even better.. If it is getting enough sun it should bloom with in a few weeks.


They recover well with the basic care. Mulch and fertilize them make sure you water them once a week, water thoroughly to soak the roots,, if it doesn't rain.





Here are a couple of my favorite sites


http://www.rosefile.com/RosePages/rcare.鈥?/a>


http://www.raveplants.com/rosecare.htm#T鈥?/a>How do I get my roses to bloom?
Roses need time to adjust but you should keep it watered and fertilized and then you will see results.Use fish emulsion or plant food specifically for roses.It the limbs look curled or dead trim back but only a small amount keep watered,and hope for the best.Most but not all roses bloom until November,some only bloom once.Take care of it even so it will come on and do well next season.
When you buy a quality Rose from a good supplier it is often a good flowering plant and ';Grafted'; onto a disease resistant root stock. Sounds like you have an old Rose where the root stock has taken control of the Plant. Often happens on older Roses. It wont recover.
water them one time a day.
try fertilizing with good Rose food and don't be afraid to trim your plant even if it's not blooming this helps the plant to focus it's energy on doing what you want it to do ';bloom'; I did lawn maintenance for many years ,allot of women never wanted me touching their roses,they never bloomed for them, I finally convinced an older Lady to let me trim and care for her roses,she was very worried about how much i was taking off her Precious plants .I told not her not to worry and just look the other way LOLL... one weak later all her rose bushes(about 20 in all)where in full bloom and she was very happy.As for the other women's' roses that wouldn't let me trim them ,well they never blossomed =(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin