Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I get my cherry blossoms to bloom in one week?

I have guests coming over and I would love them to see my cherry blossoms. Last year, they bloomed around this time, this year, I already see buds but I don't know if they will bloom in 7 days.





Is there anything I can add to make my cherry blossom tree bloom faster ? The buds are still quite small and I need them to bloom in one week. Been watering everday but I don't want to over water.





Please advise, thanks!How can I get my cherry blossoms to bloom in one week?
/Sorry but no, there's nothing you can do. Nature has it's own time frame and course. Can't rush Mother Nature. What IS a good idea though is, twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, put Hollytone in the soil around the tree. It helps to bring about fuller and more blooms and feeds the tree. You can buy it anywhere that sells gardening stuff like fertilizer. It comes in various sized bags and the instructions are right on the bag. Easy.How can I get my cherry blossoms to bloom in one week?
You'll have to do the extra research, but I think anything that adds some heat (like putting black plastic on the ground at base of the cherry tree), or possibly a fertilizer--one that's already disolved. Of the three #s on the fertilizer, the 2nd one is the one you are interested in now. You should research what # specifically is best for your cherry tree. Here is what I do know: the first number is the percentage of nitrogen in the bag. So a bag of 24-8-4 has 24 percent total nitrogen. The second number in the analysis is the percentage of phosphorus in the mix. For example, a bag of 24-8-4 would contain 8 percent phosphorus. Phosphorous aids in root development and increases flowering ability and bloom size.The third number represents the percentage of potassium found in the product. A bag of 24-8-4 has 4 percent potassium in the mix. Potassium has many functions: It guards the plant against diseases and aids in drought protection and cold tolerance. It also serves a role in improving root development and helps in the process of photosynthesis. You might consider using a high-potassium fertilizer at the start of winter and summer to protect crops from temperature extremes or when insects and disease have caused damage to your plants.G'luck!





is the one related to flowers/blooming, but there is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin