Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do I get my Habanero Plant to bloom?

I have purchased a habanero plant that had one habanero pepper on it. I have placed it in a larger pot with really good soil and only give it filtered water and plenty of plant food. The plant is still not blooming. What can I do to make it bloom?


What am I doing wrong or could do differently?How do I get my Habanero Plant to bloom?
Is it in FULL sun? Peppers, like tomatoes, like it HOT. If it's in a pot, I'd place it on a paved area, maybe even next to a wall of a building to take advantage of reflected heat.


In my experience, all peppers benefit from a little epsom salts (available at drug stores) mixed in to the soil.


How do I get my Habanero Plant to bloom?
There could be several problems.





1) Has the plant been in the new pot long enough for the roots to fill the container? If you recently transplanted it , it will take a while for the roots to fill the pot. Once it does then the energy will go to other parts of the plant- like the blooms! :)





2) Is it getting enough sun? Habanero plants need full sun.





3) What are the numbers on the fertilizer? The first # is for top growth, the second # is for blooms, and the third number is for root development. You need to be using one with a higher middle number - say a 8-17-6 or so.





Hope this helps. :)
found this for your reading pleasure...http://en.allexperts.com/q/Growing-Veget鈥?/a>


my grandpa used to whack his with a rolled up newspaper and it worked like a charm. We do the same thing with our lemon and orange trees it stimulates them to produce fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin