Thursday, June 24, 2010

How come my zuchinni plants flowers develop but they never bloom and open up.The flowers get big then fall off?

Please help me!!How come my zuchinni plants flowers develop but they never bloom and open up.The flowers get big then fall off?
Zuchinni plants have male flowers and female flowers. Male flowers can't pollinate a male flower %26amp; female can't pollinate female-likewise. It's good to have 4 to 6 plants in close proximity. You can still grow them good sized pots; just keep'm close together. Good luck!How come my zuchinni plants flowers develop but they never bloom and open up.The flowers get big then fall off?
Well maybe your pots are not big enough, and they like lots of water and good drainage and good light. The orange flowers are edible you know, but I would try watering it a little more. I'm not sure what type of pot you have it in, (like a tall deep pot or a long narrow pot), but I knew someone that grew them in a pot as well and they produced very well. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin