Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I get my poinsetta plant to bloom that I planted last year?

I planted this poinsetta last year and it is huge but no blossoms I feed it on occasion what else can I do to get it to bloom?How can I get my poinsetta plant to bloom that I planted last year?
Starting October 1, the plants must be kept in complete darkness for 14 continuous hours each night. Accomplish this by moving the plants to a totally dark room, or by covering them overnight with a large box. During October, November and early December, poinsettias require 6 - 8 hours of bright sunlight daily, with night temperatures between 60 - 70掳 F. Temperatures outside of this range could also delay flowering. Continue the normal watering and fertilizer program. Carefully following this regime for 8 to 10 weeks should result in a colorful display of blooms for the holiday season!How can I get my poinsetta plant to bloom that I planted last year?
In mid January most people throw the Poinsettia away. It`s very difficult but occasionally somebody succeeds to get the Poinsettia in bloom for a second time. If you want to try it: You have to cut the Poinsettia back to half it size and give him a place were it`s cooler then 12 degrees Celsius. After a while new shoots will appear in your Poinsettia. Then you must give it a new container and grow warmer. In the summer maybe you can give it a place outside. You have to fertilize every two weeks ones with a fertilizer that contains micronutrients. If you want that the Poinsettia to bloom with Christmas again then you have to place it in absolutely darkness for 14 hours a day for two months before Christmas. When you don`t place the Poinsetta in the darkness then the plant will bloom maybe in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin